Thursday, May 20, 2010

It helps to read the assignments

It has long been a fault of mine to not read directions completely. I now realize the Wiki comparison needs to be on the blog.
I have chosen South Georgia Regional Library to advise on Wiki development. The website itself is a basic site with not many bells and whistles. No interaction for users and slow-moving when going into catalogs.

I have discovered a library website that is itself a wiki.

It uses pmwiki. http://pmwiki.org/

While I have not finished my exploration and comparisons, I am blown away by this wiki app.

2 comments:

  1. You and me both. How great is that Wiki Wizard to narrow it down to just 4 wiki programs for my neighborhood library. Wiki's have come so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the USCA library's wiki. It's interesting to see a wiki in practice at that scale. I'm actually very impressed with how it looks.

    ReplyDelete