Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sprouts

I have been sprouting Mung beans for about 2 months now and having great success. I have become adicted to the little sprouts and eat them on everything. I bought a pound from Sprout People and use 1/4 cup per quart jar. I have not had a seed that didn't sprout and they are supposedly organic. While you can purchase expensive kits, I use a Mason Jar with the metal ring and a piece of toule (nylon net). There are plenty of sites with instructions, but the main thing is to let the beans sit in water in the jar the first night only, then drain and rinse everyday for 3-4 days. I look at those poor, brown-looking sprouts on the grocery store shelf and just shake my head. I pay 17.34 for a pound, that includes shipping. It averages out to less than a dollar for a quart of sprouts. It is fun and they are good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment